Monday, July 21, 2014

Well I have been on a roll lately with time and making cards. I have been wanting to just sit down in my craft room and just play with stamps and techniques that I have been wanting to try.  I finally had a 3 day stretch from work to do just that.  I am sharing 6 cards that I made over the weekend.
Thank you for stopping.  

 I finally purchased the Hero Arts triangle die and using the template as a guide, placed the little triangles back into the template as I glued each one down.  I used DCWV 6x6 foil pad in 5 different colors.  I was inspired from Laura Bassen  as she made a card very similar to this.
 I needed a birthday card for one of my sweet co worker's birthday this coming week.  As I was pulling some stamp sets out for my upcoming Online Card Classes: Stretch Your Stamps 2, I found this background stamp from Hero Arts: Flower Pattern and decided to white heat emboss then add distress ink in picked rasberry to blend.  Sentiment is from Avery Elle:  Handwritten Notes.  Such a pretty card if I don't say so myself.
 I made these awhile back after viewing a video from Jennifer McGuire how she uses a background stamp with ink then shifts the cardstock either 1/4 inch in either direction to give it dimension.  I used the Hero Arts triangle background stamp and the sentiment is from Technique Tuesday.  Black heart is ranger's enamel dots.  These cards are great for placing in my work locker and hand out when that one person does those wonderful extra things to make my shift go smoother.  I think I go through these kind of cards the most.

 These next 2 cards were me just playing around with the mod window die from Simon Says Stamp.  I again used some cardstock from DCWV foil pack and die cut all those little pieces out. Then using the template, glued them back in, removed the template and added some foil strips to butt up against the semi-circles.  These came out sparkly.  Stars and hearts are from the Bold Buzzwords: Paper Smooches.
This last card I used a new stencil from the Crafter's Workshop called Peacock Doily.  Using distress inks after taping down some watercolor paper, I stenciled, removed, added perfect pearls for some shimmer.  Added two strips of cardstock, added some pearls along with some twine to finish the card.  Sentiment is from Bold Buzzwords from Paper Smooches.
Thank you for viewing my blog.  Hope I am on a roll and it doesn't end soon.  Until next time.........

No comments:

Post a Comment