Thursday, March 13, 2014

CAS 3: Days 1 & 2 Faux Effects

I signed up for yet another awesome class called Online Card Classes: Clean and Simple Cards 3  but have gotten a late start in the class due to life.  So here I am trying to catch up with everyone else and it's unbelievable what the students have created thus far.  Beautiful cards in every color, shape,  and techniques.  Class started on Monday, March 10th and I am just joining in on Wednesday, March 12th.  Not to far behind but have caught up today by playing in my craft room all day.

My first card was inspired by Shari Carroll using a ghost stamping technique.  Her cards always seems to come together with lots of ease and perfection.  I CASEd her card but made it my own by using different dies, papers, etc.



Using Neenah Solar White CS, I used a stencil that I have owned for years from Stampin Up! called Clouds, Stars, and Moon.  I don't even know if they even sell this anymore but it has various curvy sides to stencil clouds on paper plus stars and the moon in the middle for stenciling as well.  I used Ranger's distress ink: Salty Ocean.  Secondly, I paper pieced strip of papers from BoBunny called Double Dots: Soft Subtles in orders to die cut my balloons from using My Favorite Things: Party Balloons.  I also used the same papers for my strip down the right side of card.  Finished the card off by stamping in black the balloon threads and sentiment using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

My second card is CASEd off Kristina Werner's example of Faux Metal Effects.  I masked a flower punch on the card and heat embossed using silver embossing powder from Ranger.  I repeated the process twice since doing this a third time caused the embossing to show through the back of the one layered card.  It's hard to tell from the picture but I just love this effect.



I used Memento Luxe Pigment inks along with Lots of Dots stamp set.  Simple but love the clean look. The card base is from Stampin Up! in a cream color.







1 comment: